The Indian Administrative Service (IAS), previously known as the Imperial Civil Service (ICS), is a bureaucracy in India. The conducting body, UPSC, selects the candidates for All-India Services including Indian Administrative Services (IAS) through the IAS (UPSC CSE) test. On its official website, the UPSC publishes the official announcement for the IAS (UPSC CSE) Recruitment test. If you also dream to acquire this prestigious position and serve the nation, the top UPSC Coaching in Delhi can help you pass all three stages of the civil services exam: Prelims, Mains and Interview.
We at Tarun IAS, being a leading UPSC coaching centre in Delhi, share your excitement at the prospect of joining India’s elite bureaucracy! The UPSC Test Eligibility requirements, such as UPSC age restriction, number of attempts, and so on, are the first thing you should verify and thoroughly grasp before applying for the IAS exam. In this post, we’ve covered all of the UPSC eligibility requirements that you need to know.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC 2022 Exam
The following are the various academic criteria to appear for the IAS exam:
- Candidate must have a Graduate Degree from a recognized university to sit for the IAS test.
- Age Limit for UPSC Civil Services Exam: Candidates must be at least 21 years old and no older than 32 years old.
- EWS & General Category: 32 years; 6 tries
- OBC (with certificate): 32 + 3 years; 9 tries
- SC/ST: 32 years plus 5 years, with an unlimited number of attempts.
- Physically Disabled: 32 + 10 years; Gen/OBC/Person with Benchmark Disability (EWS category): 9 attempts; SC/ST: limitless attempts
- Jammu and Kashmir Domicile: 32 years + 5 years + (3 years if OBC OR 5 years if SC/ST); several attempts vary according to reserved category.
- Disabled and discharged members of the armed forces: 32 years + 3 years + (3 years if Gen/OBC OR 5 years if SC/ST)
- Commission Officer for Ex-Servicemen: 32 years + 5 years + (3 years if OBC OR 5 years if SC/ST)
- If you are considering clearing the UPSC exam, then check out the best IAS academy in Delhi. Those between the ages of 21 and 32 as of August 1, 2022, who meet the IAS age limitation eligibility conditions, can apply for the UPSC IAS. According to UPSC guidelines, applicants from the restricted category are eligible for age relaxation.
- Minimum UPSC exam qualification: The candidate must have a degree from a government-approved university or an equivalent level.
- Candidates in their last year of study or awaiting results are also eligible to take the UPSC preliminary examination. All such applicants who intend to take the IAS examinations must submit documentation of passing the stated exam along with their application for the main IAS exam.
- Candidates with professional and technical qualifications equal to professional and technical degrees as determined by the government.
- IAS is open to medical students who have completed their last year of MBBS but have yet to complete their internship. A certificate of course completion (including internship) from the appropriate authorities of the University/Institution must be presented with the Main Examination application.
How Are UPSC Civil Services Attempts Calculated?
It’s crucial to remember that every effort you make on the Prelims exam counts. Best coaching for IAS in Delhi will provide free counselling to students after their attempt. It is also one of the most common reasons for Prelims Exam absence. Only approximately half of those who fill out the application form appear for the test. Your attempt will not be counted if you fill out the form but do not appear for the exam.
Furthermore, anyone who has ever served as an IAS or IFS official cannot retake the exam. Whereas an IPS can sit for the exam to compete for an IAS position.
If you ought to serve the nation, being IAS can be one of the great ways to do that. However, it is crucial to check the eligibility criteria while filling the application form. Besides, enrol yourself with a top UPSC coaching in Delhi for the foolproof preparation of the exam.