Headlines of The Day from The Hindu Newspaper :
- Opposition plans no-trust motion against NDA govt.
- GS -2 Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Read about No Confidence Motion
- Arrived at consensus on ties in Bali: China
- GS -2 India and its neighborhood- relations.
- Read about India – China Relations – Recent border disputes
- The arduous quest to find the shape of the electron’s charge
- Prelims – General Science
- Read about Standard model of particles
- IMF lifts India growth forecast a tad to 6.1%
- Prelims – Reports published by IMF
- IMF: India’s rice curbs could spur inflation
- GS -3 Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country, different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints;
- ‘Inflation may resurge to 6% in July as food prices soar’
- GS -3 Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Read about Inflation – Cost push – demand pull – WPI and CPI
- Jill Biden marks U.S. reentry into UNESCO with a Paris ceremony
- Prelims – UNESCO
- Protests roil Israel over new law, doctors keep off work
- 5 cr. names out of MGNREGS list in 2022-23, says Minister
- GS -2 – Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Read about MGNREGA – issues with the implementation – Solutions
- Political parties feel RTI may reveal their internal decisions
- GS -2 Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Read about RTI Act – Public authotiy as per RTI – need and issues with RTI
- President opens tribal arts gallery at Rashtrapati Bhavan as she finishes a year in office
- Prelims – Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts, Janjatiya Darpan
- Lok Sabha passes contentious Biological Diversity Bill amid din
- GS 3 Environment
- Read key provisions of the bill
- 700 Myanmar nationals yet to be repatraited from Manipur
- GS -3 Security challenges and their management in border areas;
- Prelims – Free movement Regime
Text & Context
- Full-reserve banking: where banks act solely as custodians of customers’ money (Prelims)
- Himachal floods: a man-made disaster? (GS-3)
- Child, law, and consensual sex (GS-2)
- Moon missions offer tough tests – landers, the toughest (GS-3)
- Drawn from gig workers’ struggles, hewn in Rajasthan (GS-1)
- Moving away from the ‘take-make-dispose’ model (GS-3)
- Welcome happening (GS-2/3)