C-SAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test) of General Studies Paper-II of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%. The purpose of this examination is to measures numerical ability and problem-solving skills. It also tests mental alertness, sharp mind, ensure one’s accuracy, better equipped to handle the problems.
C-SAT Course Description :
- The question papers will be set both in English.
- CSAT will be of two hours duration.
- The question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- CSAT questions carries 2.5 marks.
- The total numbers of questions will be 80.
- -1/3 will be the negative marking.
- Total marks allocated for CSAT is 200.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.
C-SAT Syllabus :
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
- Exercise Practice Sets.
- Doubt Session.
- Backup Classes.
- Revision Classes.
- Previous year Questions paper.