Part A—Preliminary Examination Paper I - (200 marks)
Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
Paper II-(200 marks) CSAT
Duration : Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving Movement
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level specialization