The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has announced the extended deadlines for re-registration for the July 2023 session across all programs available through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) or online mode.
In a tweet, IGNOU communicated, “The final date for new admissions or re-registration for all programs offered in the ODL or online mode for the July 2023 session has been extended until August 31st, 2023.”
As outlined in the official statement on the university’s official website, students have the opportunity to finalize their re-registration process for the upcoming academic year or semester and carry out the necessary payments online. This platform is accessible to both national and international students enrolled at the university.
The university emphasizes that students should exercise caution while undergoing the re-registration procedure and has provided a set of seven guidelines to assist them:
1. Registration on the portal is essential. To begin, click the “New Registration” button. Providing accurate details of mobile number and email ID is crucial to ensure receipt of confirmations and important updates. For those who have previously registered on the portal, using their username and password to log in is advised. In the event of any registration challenges (such as not receiving an OTP, forgetting the username/password, or other issues), students can seek help from their respective Regional Centre to reset their account or update contact information.
2. When selecting optional courses, exercise care. It is advisable to thoroughly review program guides to understand the available courses. Changing courses at a later stage might result in the loss of study time.
3. Exercising caution while conducting online transactions is of utmost importance. Under no circumstances should card details or OTP be shared. Whenever feasible, students are encouraged to use their own cards or net banking for payments. Payment through UPI, including the BHIM App, is also suggested. Students in the International Division also have access to online payment alternatives.
4. Postponing submission until the final date for re-registration forms is discouraged.
5. If an online payment is not immediately updated, students are recommended not to initiate a second payment right away. Waiting for a day, checking the payment status, and then proceeding is advised.
6. In the event of inadvertently making a duplicate payment for the same application, a refund will be processed for one of the payments.
7. For students using third-party services (such as cybercafés or other outlets) for re-registration form submission, ensuring accurate course selection and successful program fee payment is essential. Obtaining a printout of the submitted form and payment confirmation is recommended.